Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Prada Fall 08 - Runway vs. Everyday

The Prada Fall 2008 collections have arrived! Bergdorf Goodman,Saks,and Neimans all have a varying degree of choices for those who are so inclined. I am really digging some of the new styles that came off the runway and also a few pairs that were designed to be a little more "everyday". A couple of my favorites seem almost art deco inspired and one pair is in fact called the "Art Deco" Pump. So please enjoy my picks of the good, the great, and the "What were they thinking?"

The Good

I like these. Some of you may think I'm crazy, but bear with me. The design element is kind of cool and definitely reminiscent of the art deco period. There is visual interest both coming and going. They also have a 1930's/1940's feel to them. However, I am so not loving the ankle strap. Thankfully it is removable so it's really a non-issue.


Hmmm...I'm really torn on this pair. I love the sculpted shape of the heel but I'm not sure how I feel about the slingback that's not really a slingback. This shoe seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis. I'm game with one or the other but both??? I would love to see these on.


I am having a love/hate relationship with this suede sandal. The ruffled "shrug" is a tad off but that's also why I like them. Strange, I know. I don't pretend to understand the inner workings of my mind.

The Great

Mmmmm...Gray Suede Mary Janes... The covered platform, the cone shaped heel - so, so pretty and in the perfect shade of gray.


I know, I know some of you may call me crazy but as far as I'm concerned all you need is your Isaac Mizrahi for Target or Forever 21 LBD and these. Enough said.

This bootie is hot! I love the criss cross detail at the ankle and the cut out detail. A little glam and a little rocker chic.

Mmmm...the color combo is just perfect here. I love the classic shape, I love everything.

Rouching is EVERYWHERE! In my opinion, Prada does it right in this boot. You could seriouly rock these with your favorite pair of skinny jeans.

"What Were They Thinking?"


Um...no, your eyes are not deceiving you. Believe it or not those two pictures belong together. Neiman Marcus seems to be the only department store brave enough to carry them. The two piece lace up bootie. It's a boot. It's a bootie. It's in two pieces. Awesome.


Okay so they aren't horrible. But the detail on the toe, it makes me think of cinnamon sticks and apple pie and coffee. I think I'll pass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm drooling. The ruffle sandals. Me wantie...

Da Fashionista said...

thanks sooo much for the award. was literally JUST downloading images of these shoes. great minds!!!

saw them all over vogue this month and am smitten. i want to dance through life with flowers on my feet.

kiss,
D