Monday, February 21, 2011

A Girl's Guide to Shoes Wine Review?

Imagine my delight when I was contacted by a representative for flipflop wines asking me if I would be interested in reviewing a few of their products. If there is anything I like as much as shoes it's wine ;) I was sent three different wines. A riesling, a pinot grigio, and a pinot noir. Throughout this week I will be reviewing all three.

You should know when it comes to wine I am not a snob in any way. In fact the less expensive the better. I do believe you can find good quality wines for less than $10 dollars and flipflop wines proves just that.


I'm not typically a fan of rieslings. I tend to find them too sweet. I am most definitely a reds kind of girl. But this riesling was very well balanced with hints of melon hitting the tongue. It was not too sweet at all. Easy to drink with a smooth finish, this riesling managed to hit all the right notes.

Now, here's a cool fact about flipflop wines. They are only about $7 each and flipflop has teamed up with the charity Soles4Souls. For every bottle sold flipflop will distribute a pair of shoes to someone in need. How great is that? To learn more feel free to visit the site here.

Oh and since I couldn't end this post without a shoe. I found these little beauties from Nine West. The perfect pairing for the flipflop riesling wouldn't you say?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm...I've wondered about the flipflop wines. I am a red wine drinker also. will be interested in your reviews of thoes. love the shoe pairing!

shoe shop said...

can I buy these footwear any online shoe shop?