Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dropping Some Knowledge

Tomorrow I pick up my Loubies from the shoe repair place. I decided to have protective soles put on them. I am inherently tough on shoes. I've gotten a lot better. Especially since I've taken to wearing my flip flops from the car to the office (This is the only time wearing flip flops with a dress or work appropriate outfit is okay. A transition shoe, if you will) and then I switch into my "real" shoes once inside. Here is a bit more information on the sole process.

Red Protective Soles for Christian Louboutin® Shoes

Christian Louboutin shoes and soles

Do you love your Christian Louboutin® shoes so much you hate to wear them for fear of wearing the red finish off of the bottoms? The third generation craftsmen at Cobblestone Shoe Repair have a solution for you.

There was a red protective sole on the market, but the color didn't quite match the Louboutin bottoms (see the strip in the photo above). That won't do for our high fashion customers who wear the shoes.

So we worked with Soletech, Inc. to develop red sole protectors to match Christian Louboutin® shoes. This thin, rubber, non-slip sole saver will keep those red soles looking red while providing more comfort and fashion. They can be applied to new or slightly worn shoes.

Sole protectors also come in black, brown, tan, white and nicotine colors, so any thin-soled shoe can be worn with confidence. Sole protectors prevent excessive toe wear while adding durability and comfort.

If you have questions about sole protectors, contact info@cobblestoneshoerepair.com or bring your shoes to the Cobblestone location nearest you.

I'll be sure to take pictures tomorrow night after I pick them up so you can see how they look.

And in case you were wondering...


Dany came on Monday and OMG this shoe is seriously the sickest, most over the top, most fierce shoe I own. I am a 6.5 and ordered a 7. I figured it's easier to wear a shoe that is slightly too big then trying to squeeze my foot into a shoe that is too tight. I definitely recommend ordering a half size up. A foot petal will solve any heel slippage you might have. Also they are surprisingly easy to walk in.

Now I just checked jessicasimpsoncollection.com and sadly they are sold out of almost all sizes in the cognac but they have all but one size still left in black. I have a contact at shoes.com and she said they are getting the Dany's in, in August. I'll be sure to give you the scoop once they get them in too.

Happy shopping everyone!



6 comments:

Faith J. said...

Great! Can't wait to see photos of you in your Loubies and the Simpson shoes too!

Elena S. said...

i always put the red sole protector on my loubs , where are you from? if your in the NY area try arty's shoe repair he does magic. You can see in my last post my shoes also have the resoling

great blog btw ! lovely pics
id love for you to check my blog out
and dont forget to enter in my giveaway

xo elena

www.fashionisinspiration.blogspot.com

holly in heels said...

Awesome news on the Loubie shoe repair! Brilliant! And soooo jealous of your JS platforms. Yum! Post pics soon, girl!
xoxo,
www.hollyinheels.com

Shoeperwoman said...

Oh, I'll be really interested to hear what you think of the new soles - the red does seem to wear off very quickly.

LOVE those Jessica Simpsons, too - fierce is the right word!

Emma said...

I just ordered my first pair of Louboutins today after taking a month to make the decision ! Hope you will stop by to check them out. : ) I should hopefully have them next week.

Mia E said...

cant wait to see your dany! :)