Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reader Request: A Tribute to Mad Men

So unless you've been living on Mars the AMC show Mad Men has undoubtedly captured your attention. And why shouldn't it? It IS a fabulous show and not just because it has garnered 16 Emmy nominations. The acting, the story lines, the characters, not to mention the fashion is dead on. I mean, Michael Kors says that it was THE inspiration for his Fall 2008 Ready-to-Wear collection and his Fall 08 collection is To. Die. For. Argh I am lusting after this dress and I am loving the combination of olive green and purple. Will definitely be pulling that off in some way, shape, or form this season.





What is fashion without inspiration? There are some gorgeous shoes right now that have that vintage 60's vibe. But this menswear trend we've got going on right now. I think we can thank Mad Men for that as well. So see below for my favorite pics for Fall a la 60's and Menswear. Enjoy!

This round toe pump by Belle by Sigerson Morrison is perfectly adorable and would be the perfect addition to any girls wardrobe. The patent leather detail on the toe and stacked heel lends to it's vintage vibe. I could definitely see Betty Draper sporting these.








There is something that hints at a little 60's vibe to me with this stacked heel pump by Diego di Lucca. I love the color combination of neutrals here. You could pair these with a wealth of ensembles. Perfect for Peggy, don't you think?





Mmmm...the snake embossed leather updates this classically shaped pump by Dolce Vita but the gold leather piping and trim amp up it's vintage appeal. So pretty and sure to carry you into this fall and beyond.





This fabric flat by BC Footwear is perfectly adorable. The geometric ornament on the toe and the lime green hue give it that 60's feel. Couldn't you just imagine Betty pairing these with those cute little slim cropped pants she's been sporting lately?






It's the shape that gets me here. The metallic detail at the heel gives these a modern feel. The round toe says classic all the way.
I'm getting a Joan vibe, how about you? Oh Deer! Serena








The suede with the modern twist on the cap toe update this classic shape. Another shoe that would be perfect with some slim cropped pants. Belle by Sigerson Morrison 5611.







Kitten heels got there introduction in the early 60's. I love this pair by Bettye Mueller. They would be perfect for the office and you could wear these with so many things. One half demure cognac suede and one half sassy leopard print. Rowr! I'm definitely getting a Joan vibe with these too.




Now see below for a few of my menswear inspired picks. Mmmm...I am loving this trend right now. I will be picking up a pair of spectators for the fall, will you?


Lace up oxfords with some sex appeal. I love the white and black color combo here. A grown woman's version of the saddle shoe! I am smitten at the hint of the d'orsay style and the contrasting black stacked heel. AK Anne Klein Sandya








Gorgeous chocolate leather oxford inspired pump by Corso Como gets a ladylike twist with a peep toe and 3 inch stiletto heel.







The seam details truly make these shoes stand out from the pack. I love the texture added by the genuine snake skin and that three inch stacked heel give them a little edge. I would totally pair these with something super girly and feminine. Frye Adrienne Oxford.







I love this wing tip pump by Arturo Chiang. I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture but there is a cut out on the vamp that just sends me over the top. Look closer and the gray leather has a distressed look that really gives these a vintage appeal.







No comments: