Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fringe Benefits

Despite my rant against the horrid Minnetonka boot being touted as one of the hot trends of the season I am not averse to fringe. It's all about doing it right. Subtlety is the key here. What do you think? Is this a trend you'll be following? And if so will you be adding a touch of fringe in your shoes or a handbag? If I do decide to "get a little fringey with it" see some of my favorite finds below.


Bijoux Fringe Sandal in Cognac Suede
This is my favorite. I stopped in the STL Steve Madden store this weekend to see if they had it. No intentions of buying it, just wanting to try it on but my mission was futile. I'm hoping to see it in person.
This above pic is not really my style but it is definitely chic. I'm all about height, ladies. Flat boots are a key look for fall and these hit all the right details.

Ummm...the tassels are fringed and I did say subtlety is the key. Utterly sumptous leather and suede. I love the open toe, the cut outs and the lace up details.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get into the fringe, but those Nanette Lepore shoes are gorgeous.

Milly said...

I'm undecided...if i do it will be subtle...either on a handbag or shoes...i do like the Steve Madden and Nanette Lepore ones

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

I'm not a fan of fringe, but those first pair of stiletos aren't bad (if it was ruffles instead of fringe I'd be all over them!).